Thursday, April 15, 2010

Garfield's sleeping outside my room right now..




at around 753pm
in the midst of my dinner, i received a buzz in my pants
and the subsequent drum beats of Ali in the Jungle

I put down my utensils and looked at Joko...
both of us look quizzically at each other, wondering who it might be...

M: *hullo?*
>: Hi! I'm X and I'm calling to ask you about your job application to _ _ _ company
>: Do you have 5 minutes? I am doing a shortlisting for interviews
and i want you to tell me how good you are so i can pick you to come down for it?

*slight pause*

>: so can you tell me how good you are?
M: *without hesitation* I am good! *chuckle*.... but i already have a job offer. thanks.

that was a rather random and sudden request.. and definitely my first time having such an awkward "pants down" kind of experience.

one of the thoughts that came racing through my mind after that was "what if"

it was one of the companies i wanted, though i still didn't know much about it.
the company was situated in the vicinity near the big red light where you turn left towards prince edward road and head towards ECP every year during StanChart.

[coincidentally, near the place where i "OMG" @ msb...ricetan 2 yrs back during nikerealrun, a fact that i'm glad mr JQ didn't know. fond memories though, leslie knows..]

J: Since you decided already, then don't think le.
my gf was kind enough to quickly squash that thought as quickly as it came up from my mouth.
she knows me too well.


I guess,
I've decided right from the start, its already too late for others to approach me.
Even if its my uncle's company, i would have rejected it.
I don't think i'm that good to play a month long of deal or no deal with a bunch of people .

I think i rather just grab that carrot in front of me, it's already right smack in my face.

Would you hope and dream? or would you just go for second best?
maybe not now i guess? maybe never?


a damn bloody obscene pose

No comments: